So, where do you refer sleep apnea patients for treatment? Ohio Sleep Treatment understands the frustration that you may be feeling if a patient is unable to tolerate CPAP and we are here for you. In fact, a recent study indicates that CPAP adherence rates may be as low as 34.1%.
To be clear, we feel very strongly that CPAP, when used effectively, is the most effective form of therapy for treating sleep apnea. However, if mild to moderate sleep apnea patients are having trouble tolerating CPAP, there is another option. Oral appliances can provide patients an opportunity to sleep better and enjoy a healthier life. Ohio Sleep Treatment knows this better than any practice. Doctors Canfield and Emerick are Qualified dentists with the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, the premier continuing education organization in the industry. The training they have complete has helped them successfully reduce the apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) of their patients by 74.4%, with a 83.3% of those patients showing an AHI reduction below 5. Let’s work together and help your patients live a healthier life.
What you can expect from our office:
- Follow the AADSM protocol for treating sleep apnea as well as the Ohio Medical Board.
- Send follow up letters so you can follow along with your patient’s treatment.
- Require a referral from your patient’s sleep doctor or primary care doctor. (No online or office diagnosing)
- We work with and DIRECTLY bill all major medical insurance plans.
- Use the highest quality appliances. We are not a one size fits all office!
- A commitment to continuing education for sleep apnea, oral appliance therapy and are constantly challenging ourselves to read the latest studies and attending all sleep CE courses.
- We are not afraid to tell a patient that oral appliance therapy may not work for them based on our findings with the patient.
- Educating patients on the adjunct treatment options such as bed wedges, nasal cones/strips, sleep masks, diet/weight loss, and proper sleep hygiene.
- We continue to see great results with the use of oral appliances and also recognize that the CPAP is still the gold standard in treating Sleep Apnea.
Doctors Canfield and Emerick enjoy meeting with physicians and their team to educate on Oral Appliance Therapy and how we can be a resource for you and your patients. If you need a partner to refer sleep apnea patients for treatment and this is something you feel will benefit your office and would like to schedule a lunch and learn please contact our Chief Operating Officer, Rob Kibler at 614-316-2062 immediately!
Chief Operating Officer
Online Forms are only available through the Google Chrome web-browser. (mobile version not supported)
*Please note, when referring a patient to our office, we need a copy of the patient’s Diagnostic Sleep Study and a prescription. (see below) Also, find us on leading reach under Ohio Sleep Treatment.
Send a Patient
The transition between offices should feel seamless for your patients. In an effort to do so, please provide the following information for each patient you refer to Ohio Sleep Treatment via fax (855) 858-4924.
- Sleep test with order notes and clinical notes
- Sleep test within 5 years indicated a diagnosis of OSA (G 47.33) or primary snorer (R 06.83).
- Signed letter of medical necessity & prescription for oral appliance therapy (see referral form).
- Patient’s insurance card, front and back.
- Patient’s drivers license, front and back.